domingo, 25 de octubre de 2015

Simona Halep win over Pennetta in Singapour 2015


Halep, who had lost four of five previous meetings with Pennetta - including a 59-minute stunner in the semifinals in Flushing Meadows - turned it around completely in Singapore on Sunday afternoon, racing through the first set at love in just 25 minutes and, after staying on serve through the first seven games of the second set, getting one last break of serve for 5-3 before serving the match out. The No.1-seeded Halep closed out the No.7-seeded Pennetta in an hour and 10 minutes, 6-0, 6-3. 


 "I started the match really well. I played my best in the first set, fast, smart and aggressive," Halep said in her on-court interview. "I was really enjoying the match today. I was really happy to be back here. 
 "It became a tough match, though. Every match here is like the final of a Grand Slam - I played the semifinals with Flavia in the US Open. I knew she'd play better and the second set was much tougher."

No hay comentarios: