domingo, 18 de octubre de 2015

Jelena Jancovic conquers Hong Kong 2015. PRUDENTIAL HONG KONG TENNIS OPEN


Jankovic held her ground, held at love to push the second set to a tie-break, won the tie-break and only got better from there, rolling to victory in the third set, 3-6, 7-6(4), 6-1. 


 This is Jankovic's second WTA title of the year, having won Guangzhou a few weeks ago. It's actually the first time the Serb has won two WTA titles in the same year since 2009 (Marbella and Cincinnati). Additionally, it's the milestone 15th WTA title of the former World No.1's illustrious career. 

 On the other side of the net, Kerber wasn't just a win away from her fifth WTA title of the year - had she won, she would have qualified for the BNP Paribas WTA Finals Singapore presented by SC Global. "I had an amazing week in Hong Kong," Jankovic said at the trophy ceremony. 

"It's been unbelievable - Hong Kong is such a beautiful city, it's my second time here and I'm really falling in love with it. "And Angie, thank you so much for letting me win today! You've beaten me so many times, so I'm happy I could finally do it. You're an amazing competitor and fighter and I'm sure we'll play again soon."

No hay comentarios: