sábado, 3 de octubre de 2015

Ana Ivanovic advances to round 2 of the china open 2015


Things looked tricky early on as Dellacqua jumped out to a 4-2 lead, but from there it was all Ivanovic - the No.6-seeded Serb ran off 10 games in a row against the Australian wildcard to win, 6-4, 6-0. 



 "I calmed down a little bit and sort of took more time, and I started to do things a little better," Ivanovic said of the first set turnaround. 
"I felt like I was playing well, but I just missed a few volleys and finishing shots before that. Then I just kept trying to be patient, make her move, and start serving better." Awaiting Ivanovic in the second round is one of the hottest players on the tour at the moment, Venus Williams, who won her biggest title in five years on Saturday at the Premier 5 event in Wuhan. 
 "I think it's going to be a tough match - she's been playing really well," Ivanovic said. "It's going to be a good challenge for me. I've been playing quite a few matches lately and I'm looking forward to it.

No hay comentarios: