lunes, 21 de septiembre de 2015

Yanina Wickmayer conquers Japan Title. apan Women's Open Tennis 2015


Yanina Wickmayer battled back from a set and a break down to beat WTA Rising Star Magda Linette and win her first WTA title since 2010 at the Japan Women's Open Tennis. 

 After sending the last two seeds remaining packing in the semifinals, Wickmayer beating No.7 seed Ajla Tomljanovic and Linette outdoing No.6 seed Christina McHale, an all-unseeded final was set - and it was Linette who came out stronger, building a 6-4, 2-0 lead, seemingly headed for a straight set win. "The first set wasn't great for me," Wickmayer said. "I was making too many unforced errors and going for too much. I think I was trying to play too nicely, too pretty. Winning doesn't always have to be pretty. And I also really wanted to win today, so maybe I was a little bit nervous there in the beginning.
" Wickmayer steadied herself in a big way from there, though, winning 12 of the next 16 games to prevail over Linette, 4-6, 6-3, 6-3, breaking one last time at love to wrap it up in just over two hours. "From the second set I was trying to rally and make her play, make her win the points," the Belgian said. "It wasn't my best match of the tournament, but it was efficient, and that's what matters.

No hay comentarios: