martes, 1 de septiembre de 2015

SERENA WILLIAMS IN PRESS CONFERENCE. #usopen2015, #round1


Q. Was that one of the more bizarre on-court occurrences you've had in a while?
SERENA WILLIAMS: Yeah, it was definitely different and bizarre. But at the same time I was still focused. I kept thinking, you know, just stay focused; don't lose it. You never know what can happen, so...

Q. What are your thoughts on your next opponent, Kiki Bertens?
SERENA WILLIAMS: Well, I think she's playing well. She does a lot of things well. She has a big serve.

It's definitely something that I look forward to. See what happens.

Q. What was it like playing in the new Arthur Ashe Stadium? What's the difference?
SERENA WILLIAMS: Yeah, you know, it's different. It feels more intimate, which is weird, but it does. It feels more private. It feels like a dome. I think that's the best way to describe it.

Like if you go to some of these stadiums, football stadiums - obviously it's not that big - but it has that dome feeling. That's what it feels like now.

Q. Less windy?
SERENA WILLIAMS: Was it windy today? There was definitely a lot less wind, but I'm not sure if it was the day for wind.

Q. Do you think there should be a rule where players that are hurt can withdraw and get their prize money? That's been an issue. Players are staying in that aren't in shape to play. Wondering if there should be a rule where that player doesn't get the compensation.
SERENA WILLIAMS: I told you all in Cincinnati that I'm not answering no questions that involve controversy.

I don't know. I didn't think about that. I mean, you play to get compensated. You go to work to get compensated. I guess if you have a sick day in regular life you still get compensated.

So I don't know. I really don't know.

Q. I don't know if you've seen any of the results today, but were you surprised that Sloane went out early and Ana went out early?
SERENA WILLIAMS: Well, Sloane played CoCo, who is a fire player, and that is not an easy match. Yeah, that's just not an easy match. I can't say it's surprising. CoCo, she's a really good player. We've had a lot of tough matches together. When she's on, she can really take out a lot of people.

I think we've seen that. She got to the quarterfinals of Wimbledon. So, yeah, it wasn't, you know.

And then Cibulkova, she's been to the finals before. So they're really tough first-round matches.

No hay comentarios: