sábado, 5 de septiembre de 2015

Johanna Konta in press conference, #usopen2015, #3round

JOHANNA KONTA: Pretty happy, obviously. Today was not an easy task, and, you know, even if she wasn't feeling her best, she's still one of the best competitors out there. Yeah, she definitely didn't give it to me in the end. I'm just happy I was able to come through that.
Q. Is part of your challenge now to contain that excitement and happiness, to keep your game together and not get carried away?
JOHANNA KONTA: Um, to be honest, I feel just as I did two weeks ago. I haven't exactly grown wings or anything. Yeah, I must say I'm happy with how I have been playing so far this week, but my feet are firmly on the ground. I haven't cured cancer or anything. I'm just happy that I get to come back next week and compete again against an extremely good player. I'm just looking forward to that.

Q. So what were your realistic expectations when you walked on court for that first-round qualifying?
JOHANNA KONTA: I was just thinking about that match, to be honest. Every match I have gone on I haven't looked back or forward. It's just about that opponent and those circumstances that will arise in that specific match and just trying to deal with that the best as possible.
Q. Have you got better at doing that? Have you got better at being tunnel visioned about the individual match?
JOHANNA KONTA: Definitely. I think that's helping me a lot to stay present. That's no secret. I have told that; I've said that a lot now. I really have just been working on staying very present and taking, during the matches, just one point at a time.
Q. What do you think are the keys to your current success, your current run?
JOHANNA KONTA: It's a combination of things. It's a progression of things. You know, I have a really good team around me. I'm very fortunate for that. I feel very blessed. They are a good, positive influence on me and just keeping things perspective and just really enjoying the journey that I'm on, really, with the good and the bad. Yeah.

No hay comentarios: