sábado, 22 de agosto de 2015

Serena Williams into Semifinals of the Cincinnati 2015


Williams broke serve in the first game of the match but her momentum didn't last long, as Ivanovic came roaring back and eventually found herself up a set and a break after an hour on court, 6-3, 4-3, and after dropping that second set, the hard-hitting Serb jumped out to an early 2-0 lead in the third.

 But the No.1-seeded Williams came alive from there, reeling off six games in a row to put the No.6-seeded Ivanovic away, 3-6, 6-4, 6-2. 
Ivanovic hit her 11th double fault of the match on match point. 
 "I did a Serena," Williams beamed in her on-court interview after the match. 
 "Out of the previous nine times we've played I think we've gone three sets at least six times, so I know she plays really well. She knows what to do. She's been No.1, she's won a Grand Slam. I knew it was going to be a big test for me today, and I'm really happy I was able to get through that."

No hay comentarios: