jueves, 20 de agosto de 2015

Maria Sharapova and Venus Williams withdrew from the Western & Southern Open 2015 due to injury (Sharapova) and illness (Venus).


Cincinnati hit with withdrawals: Within minutes of each other on Tuesday evening, No. 2 seed Maria Sharapova and Venus Williams withdrew from the Western & Southern Open due to injury (Sharapova) and illness (Venus). 

Sharapova continues to battle through a right upper leg injury sustained in training that also forced her out of last week's Rogers Cup. "I just didn't have enough time really," Sharapova said. 
"I have been practicing here the last few days and I'm just looking at the US Open in, you know, 11, 12 days. It's a tough decision to make, but I think a wise one, in order to give myself the right amount of time to be as healthy as I can be for the Open, which I believe is very realistic, but I don't know if it would be realistic if I did compete and start tomorrow.
" As for Venus, a viral illness derailed her Cincinnati campaign. She fought through it to beat Zarina Diyas in the first round but was unable to take the court against Ana Ivanovic in the second round. "I think the threshold is when you just don't feel confident going into a match and you don't feel any confidence," she said. 
"You have to feel confident going into the match. You have to feel like you can play the point."

No hay comentarios: