domingo, 5 de julio de 2015

Wozniacki advances into Wimbledon 2015. Giorgi out


Caroline Wozniacki was just too solid at Wimbledon on Saturday, holding off the giant-killing Camila Giorgi in two comprehensive sets and booking her spot in the fourth round. 
 Giorgi had beaten Wozniacki in two of their three previous meetings, including their only previous meeting at a Grand Slam at the US Open two years ago, but this time it was all Wozniacki. The No.5-seeded Dane made a total of just three unforced errors - while the No.31-seeded Italian committed 10 times as many with 30 - en route to a routine 6-2, 6-2 victory in an hour and 12 minutes on Court 1.


 "It was nice to win this one. You never really feel comfortable against a player like her - she hits the ball as hard as she can," Wozniacki said after the match. 
"Thankfully for me, her shots weren't really going in that much. I also kept serving well and I returned well, which was a big help for me today." 
 "The positive is that I have many, many things to improve in my game," Giorgi said. "The negative is, of course, I lost today. But it's okay. I'll go home and take some days off, and then I'll start again."

No hay comentarios: