jueves, 2 de julio de 2015

SERENA WILLIAMS ADVANCES TO 3 ROUND OF THE WIMBLEDON 2015. BABOS OUT


Serena Williams was at her aggressive best on Wednesday, ripping 23 winners in 59 minutes to storm past Timea Babos and into the third round of The Championships, Wimbledon. 



 A break in the first game of the match carried the No.1-seeded Williams to the first set, and once that one was in her pocket she rolled, eventually beating the No.93-ranked Babos by a 6-4, 6-1 scoreline. Her 23 winners in the match were even more impressive given she had just nine unforced errors. Awaiting the World No.1 in the third round is the British No.1, WTA Rising Star Heather Watson, who rebounded from an early 3-1 hole to beat former Top 5 player Daniela Hantuchova, 6-4, 6-2.

 "I'm really happy with the way I played today," Watson said. "I went 3-1 down in the first set, made a few double faults in that game, kind of gave that game away - but I thought what I did really well today is I stayed composed. I didn't let that bother me. I was a lot more aggressive and played my game."

No hay comentarios: