miércoles, 17 de junio de 2015

HALEP ADVANCES IN THE AEGON CLASSIC 2015. DAY TWO. BROADY OUT


The No.1-seeded Halep had a hard time breaking through the Broady serve early on, but from 3-4 in the first set she reeled off six games in a row - which included three breaks in a row - to build a 6-4, 3-0 lead, and she never let Broady back into the match, eventually closing it out by a 6-4, 6-2 scoreline. 


 While Broady's numbers on the match were big - 20 winners to 24 unforced errors - Halep's were more conservative yet much tidier, the World No.3 hitting 14 winners to a measly eight unforced errors. "I had a really tough opponent today. 
She played really well and her first serve is very big - it's not easy to return her serve," Halep said. 
"The first set was really tough, and I can say I was a little bit lucky to get the break in the end, but overall 
I'm happy how I did and that I could win this match today. 
 "It's the first tournament of the year for me on grass, and it's not easy to adapt my game on grass, but last year I had good results on it and I come here with confidence. I believe I have my chances."

No hay comentarios: