lunes, 29 de junio de 2015

ANA IVANOVIC INTO 2 ROUND OF THE CHAMPIOSHIPS WIMBLEDON 2015


Ana Ivanovic required little over an hour to brush aside qualifier Xu Yi-Fan, 6-1, 6-1, and take her place in the second round of Wimbledon. While her preparations for the tournament were dealt a setback when she fell early in Birmingham, Ivanovic hit the ground running at the All-England Club, rattling through the first set in 25 one-sided minutes. World No.176 Xu was playing her first match in the main draw of a Grand Slam and she struggled to come to terms with the Serb's relentless baseline attack. The forehand proved particularly potent, a dipping passing shot from this wing giving her an early break in the second set.



"I really feel that the early loss in Birmingham gave me time to work on some things," Ivanovic said. "Before Birmingham I hadn't had much time on grass but now coming into this week I feel like I'm beginning to implement some of those things we worked on, and that makes me happy."

No hay comentarios: