domingo, 24 de mayo de 2015

SIMONA HALEP INTO 2 ROUND OF THE ROLAND GARROS 2015


The No.3-seeded Halep faced late fightbacks in both sets but managed to edge Evgeniya Rodina, one of a growing group of mothers on tour at the moment, after an hour and 15 minutes on court, 7-5, 6-4.


Halep ripped a big ace up the middle on match point and promptly brought out a big fist pump. "It was a tough match, not just because first rounds are always tough, but she also played well," Halep said. "I made some easy mistakes, but that's normal and I accept that. Next round I will be better." The Romanian now has 30 WTA-level match wins on the year, second to Carla Suárez Navarro's 31. 
 Halep was playing on Court Philippe Chatrier, one of the most revered tennis courts in the world, for the first time since her three-hour-plus battle against Sharapova for the 2014 title, a battle she came out on the losing end of, albeit but just barely - Sharapova edged her in a nail-biter, 6-4, 6-7(5), 6-4. 
 "It wasn't easy walking on Chatrier again, but I enjoyed it a lot," Halep said. "I just tried to be focused for what I had to do on the court today, and just played my game. 
Many people came to watch, and that made a really nice atmosphere. It was just a great day for me and I really want to enjoy it."

No hay comentarios: