viernes, 8 de mayo de 2015

Serena Williams into final of the Mutua Madrid Open 2015


There were a few tense moments near the end as Williams started closing in, tightening the score from 6-2, 5-1 to 6-2, 5-3, then going up 30-0 on her serve in the next game, but it was too little too late, and the No.4-seeded Kvitova closed out No.1-seeded Williams after an hour and 13 minutes, 6-2, 6-3. 

"For sure I'm happy I won today," Kvitova said in her on-court interview straight afterwards. "I had never beaten her, so it's a really special moment for me." Williams was asked to assess the match in her post-match press conference.
 "Yeah, I think she just played well today," Williams said. "I mean, she went for broke on every serve, every return. I hit some second serves, 170, 175, and she just hit them for winners. 
I was very slow off the mark. After my serve I wasn't moving as well as I should have. You know, I wasn't in it.

No hay comentarios: