viernes, 29 de mayo de 2015

MARIA SHARAPOVA ADVANCES INTO FRENCH OPEN 2015


Though Stosur had only beaten Sharapova twice in their previous 16 meetings, many of their matches have gone to three sets, including right here last year when Stosur was just points away from victory up 6-3, 4-3 and 30-all. 

But the No.2-seeded Russian got out of that one, and she wasn't about to get into that situation this time, moving past the No.26-seeded Aussie in an hour and 40 minutes, 6-3, 6-4. "I was just really happy to win this one," Sharapova said. 
"I knew it was going to be a tough one going into the match. I just wanted to be as ready as I could, and I was really happy I was able to win it. 
 "Against Sam I know I have to take care of my service games because she's capable of serving really well. I'm also a tall girl, so the kick she's able to give on the second serve maybe doesn't bother me as much as other players. I quite like that ball. But we've had many tough matches despite my record, and it's not something I look at very lightly when I go up to that match. I know I have to beat a good player.

No hay comentarios: