martes, 3 de marzo de 2015

NEWS BMW MALASYAN OPEN. WOZNIACKI WIN. 3 MARCH 2015


Two years ago, in her only previous appearance at the tournament, Wozniacki suffered a shock first round exit, but against Wang another upset never looked on the cards. 


An early break settled any nerves and after just 69 minutes she was wrapping up a 6-3 6-1 win. Also advancing were Jarmila Gajdosova, Klara Koukalova and Julia Goerges. No.5 seed Koukalova put recent difficulties behind her, seeing off Patricia Mayr-Achleitner, 6-1, 6-3, to end a four-match losing run, while No.8 seed Goerges defeated Alla Kudryavtseva, 6-1, 7-6(2). 
 Gajdosova was made to work slightly harder, eventually overcoming a spirited rearguard effort - and the after-effects of a recent illness - to defeat World No.108 Cagla Buyukakcay 7-5, 6-4. 
 "It was tough, I mean she played well and didn't give me too much at the beginning," Gajdosova said. "I had to make her run and wait for my opportunity to go for the short ball. 
 "Obviously it's hard being sick for the past few days - I've been on antibiotics - so it's not really easy for me to be in the heat and I thought I played pretty decent when I had to. I think at 5-3 I had a couple of set points and then some more at 5-4. 
It could have been a little bit easier, but she played well so I'm glad to be through."

No hay comentarios: