miércoles, 18 de marzo de 2015

LESIA TSURENKO ADVANCED INTO BNP PARIBAS OPEN 2015. BOUCHARD OUT


Lesia Tsurenko punctuated a day full of upsets with an unlikely one when the qualifier rallied in the third set to beat No. 6 Eugenie Bouchard 6-7, 7-5, 6-4 in the fourth round of the BNP Paribas Open. Bouchard was up 4-1 in the third, only to see Tsurenko win six consecutive games to score the stunning upset. 

"I think a lot of things just didn't go my way today in terms of everything," said Bouchard. "I felt heavy out there. Legs sluggish from the beginning of the match. I tried to get myself going, but it was kind of a struggle throughout the whole match. I just didn't feel like I was myself at all in terms of how I was playing. She was very solid, very consistent. I was really struggling.
" Tsurenko had an impressive run through the main event, beating No. 9 Andrea Petkovic and No. 20 Alize Cornet. The last qualifier to reach the quarterfinals at the BNP Paribas Open was Garbine Muguruza in 2013. Tsurenko will face 2010 champion and former No. 1 player Jelena Jankovic. Jankovic held off rising 18-year-old Belinda Bencic, 6-3, 3-6, 6-3 on Tuesday.

No hay comentarios: