sábado, 21 de marzo de 2015

JELENA JANCOVIC ADVANCES TO FINAL OF THE BNP PARIBAS OPEN 2015. LISICKI OUT


Though she lost serve in the opening game, it certainly didn't take Lisicki long to get into the zone, as she stormed through the rest of the first set, 6-3, and twice went up a break early in the second set, breaking for 2-1 and, after failing to consolidate that first break, breaking Jankovic again for 3-2. 
 But the match turned on a dime from there, as Jankovic started tightening the screws and cutting back on her unforced errors, and Lisicki's errors started to mount. From there the No.18-seeded Jankovic ran off 10 of the next 11 games to run away with it against the No.24-seeded Lisicki, 3-6, 6-3, 6-1. 
 An overjoyed Jankovic jumped up and down as she addressed the crowd in her on-court interview. "I just fought hard, stayed in the zone and took it one point at a time," the former No.1 said. 
 "Sabine has such a great serve. I had to be ready because anything can happen - she can come up with a really huge serve, then sometimes she takes off the pace, so I had to be ready for anything. 
 "I just fought hard - that's what I did, and that's what I do best." Jankovic was asked about her player box - and specifically her mother, Snezana - afterwards. "She has that sweet face - she's just always smiling there," Jankovic said. "I get so angry at myself, especially when I'm losing, and I want to yell at my box, but then I look and just see that face. "I love my family. And my fans too - I want to thank everybody for their support tonight!"

No hay comentarios: