jueves, 12 de marzo de 2015

Caroline Wozniacki said Wednesday during the BNP Paribas Open media availability.


Caroline Wozniacki has won 23 singles title, but said she has nearly all her trophies at her parents’ home, used as vases. 

 But what is prominent in her home is the medal she won from completing the New York Marathon in the fall. Wozniacki completed the marathon just weeks after reaching the finals of the US Open. “I felt like I could cure the whole world. It was unbelievable,
” Wozniacki said of finishing the marathon. Wozniacki returns for the BNP Paribas Open, where she won in 2011. It’s a tournament she has called one of her favorites. Wozniacki said she enjoys renting a house, and runs to it from the Indian Wells Tennis Garden to get in her long runs. But Wozniacki’s run wasn’t as long as those she was doing in the fall when she trained for the marathon. And Wozniacki was training as she was preparing for the US Open, which brought out the critics.
 “Everyone was calling me crazy and all the experts thought it was stupid, it’s not normal doing this. I heard it all,” Wozniacki said Wednesday during the BNP Paribas Open media availability. “I know what’s good for me. At the time, it was good for me. It was good for me mentally. “It was good to have another goal that I was passionate about.” Instead of feeling worn out by the added training, Wozniacki said she felt reinvigorated. And that gave her a mental edge when she stepped on the court. “Mentally, I was fresh on court, I was excited to play,” Wozniacki said. “I knew if I had to be out there for a three-hour match, I would be fresher than my opponents.”

No hay comentarios: