viernes, 27 de febrero de 2015

LUCIE SAFAROVA INTO SEMIS OF THE QATAR TOTAL OPEN 2015


In the previous round, Safarova was imperious against Andrea Petkovic and maintained this level against Suárez Navarro, running out a 6-3, 6-2 winner in an hour and 17 minutes. 

On a blustery day, it was Safarova that settled quicker, coming out on top in a punishing 19-shot exchange to capture the first break. While she was unable to hang onto this advantage for long, she struck again in the eighth game before calmly serving out the set to love. 
 Safarova continued to find her spots in the second, a backhand winner helping her to another early break. Down the other end, Suárez Navarro, who had lost their two previous meetings in straight sets, continued to toil in the wind dropping serve for a second time as she slipped quietly towards the exit door. "It's so exciting! It's my first final this year, and I've been playing so well in all my matches, so I'm really, really happy," Safarova said. 
 After an up and down start to the season, Safarova has now won eight of her last 10 matches. The turnaround, which will be rewarded by a career-high ranking on Monday morning, comes as no surprise to the Czech: "It wasn't a struggle at the start of the year. I lost a couple of close matches - it happens sometimes. But I worked really hard in the off season and I my level has been going up, so I'm enjoying playing."

No hay comentarios: