viernes, 27 de febrero de 2015

Ana Ivanovic has touched down in Mexico for the defence of her Abierto Monterrey


Ana has touched down in Mexico for the defence of her Abierto Monterrey Afirme title. 

The 27-year-old captured the crown last season by beating compatriot Jovana Jaksic 6-2, 6-1 in the first ever all-Serbian WTA final. Ana felled third seed Caroline Wozniacki in the semi-finals. This time around she is the top seed - last year she was seeded second - and will face competition from the likes of world No.7 Eugenie Bouchard, 12th-ranked Sara Errani and rising Frenchwoman Caroline Garcia. 

 "It feels great to be back in Mexico," said Ana. 
"This is a fantastic tournament: the location by the mountains is beautiful and the organization is so good." "I'm very proud to have won the title last year. It wasn't easy, I remember a few very tough matches, especially in the first round - it could have been very different!" 
 "I love the Mexican way of life. The laid-back mentality here really suits me. I can relax here, and hopefully I'll be able to play some of my best tennis again.
" Ana is expected to play her first round match on Tuesday. The draw will be made on Saturday.

No hay comentarios: