sábado, 10 de enero de 2015

Simona Halep conquers Shenzhen open 2015


Halep almost didn't make it out of her first match in Shenzhen - WTA Rising Star Annika Beck had her on the ropes, winning the first set, twice going up a break in the second set and, after letting that second set slip, even going up a break in the third. Halep survived, however, 4-6, 6-4, 6-3. 

 And she only gathered steam from there. The No.1-seeded Halep never dropped another set, including in Saturday's final, where she held all eight of her service games - never facing a break point - and getting four breaks of her own to beat the No.8-seeded Bacsinszky in 62 minutes, 6-2, 6-2. "I wasn't feeling very well before the match - I was a little bit sick - so I told myself I have nothing to lose, just go on court, be relaxed, stay focused and fight for every point," Halep explained. "It worked, and I felt really relaxed today. I'm happy I could play better day by day and match by match here. I'm looking forward to playing like today in the next tournament, maybe even better."

No hay comentarios: