jueves, 22 de enero de 2015

SERENA WILLIAMS WIN. ZVONAREVA OUT. PRESS CONFERENCE. AUSTRALIAN OPEN 20154


Q. Things really clicked halfway through? 
 SERENA WILLIAMS: Yeah, things really clicked. I had no other option but for things to click. Yeah, I just had to start playing better. 
 Q. How important is luck of the draw for you, even as No. 1 seed? You can get somebody who hasn't done much in their career for the first few rounds and get somebody like her. 
 SERENA WILLIAMS: Yeah, I mean, it depends. That's one thing about the Grand Slams. You have to be ready for anyone at any stage. Playing Vera is like, I had to get my mind like, Serena, this girl has been ranked as high as No. 2 in the world, she's been on the tour and she's a very quality player, she knows what to do. She knows how to win. I had to kind of snap into that. 
 Q. When you look at your sister at this point in her career, what do you see from her? 
 SERENA WILLIAMS: She is really motivating. She is playing so well, she's doing so good right now. Yeah, it's like makes me look behind my shoulders and like I have to play better and I want to do better. I always want to be able to stay ahead as much as I can. So I think that's been, for our whole careers, we've kind of motivated each other. We hopefully continue to do that. 
 Q. She also seems just really happy. 
 SERENA WILLIAMS: Yeah. 



 Q. And in a good place. 
 SERENA WILLIAMS: She's in a good place. She talks about how she feels and like, Wow, it was a good match today. She's like, Yeah, if I win it'll be great. If not, I'm not going to worry about it. I think that's a great attitude because it takes a lot of pressure off of you. She's done so much in her career. She doesn't have to win another match. The same thing for me. As long as we can kind of look at it that way, then we both will do really well. 



 Q. When she came in and things were pretty intense; wasn't easy to have success on the tour. She's gone through all these different phases. Talk about how she's grown from basically a girl to an incredibly mature woman. 
 SERENA WILLIAMS: Yeah, she came in as a new face, a black woman that was shaking up the world. She had all the pressure on her shoulders. I kind of came in behind her. You know, just snuck in there. There was no pressure on me at all. She dealt with it so amazing. She had a lot of confidence and she had so much class and still does throughout everything. You can see that her personality is pretty much the same. She's definitely grown but she's always been very mature and very regal.

No hay comentarios: