martes, 20 de enero de 2015

SERENA WILLIAMS ADVANCE INTO AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2015. PRESS CONFERENCE 20 JANUARY


Q. What did you make of her game, her serve, her potential? 
 SERENA WILLIAMS: Yeah, I thought she played really well. She has a good serve and a good first stroke, which is really what everyone's doing, a lot of the younger players are doing now. So I thought she did that really well. 

 Q. How did you feel about your game? 
 SERENA WILLIAMS: I felt okay. As always, I had the jitters going out in the first match of a Grand Slam. So, yeah, it's never super easy to be the one that everyone wants to beat. So I always have to be a little bit above. But, yeah, I felt okay. I definitely think I can improve a tremendous amount. 


 Q. The jitters, you talk about being nervous before the first round. You win the first set 6-Love. How does that play into it? 

 SERENA WILLIAMS: Yeah, I just focus on holding serve in general, and I focus on breaking. So I don't focus on necessarily my nerves. I just think, Okay, I want to hold serve and I want to break. That's all I do. That kind of helps me to get over it. 

 Q. Do the jitters get more as there's more pressure being No. 1 or less because you've had so much experience?
 SERENA WILLIAMS: No, I think overall it stays the same. But I just am more open to talking about it. Before I was very quiet about it. But even today I told Patrick, I'm a little nervous. He's like, It's okay. Just make sure you keep your feet moving. I'm more open about it now. 

 Q. Can you compare the nervousness you feel in the first round of a Grand Slam versus a final? 
 SERENA WILLIAMS: Yeah, usually when you get to a final, you want to win. I just want to do the best I can. Yeah, I think it's different because at least when you're in a final, you have a little momentum. When you're in a first round, you don't have momentum. Usually the nerves aren't as bad in general for me in a final. There's been finals where I've been really, really tight.

No hay comentarios: