jueves, 15 de enero de 2015

Rodionova advance to second round AO 2015 qualifying


Anastasia Rodionova set up a meeting with Israel’s Shahar Peer in the second round of qualifying of Australian Open 2015 on Thursday, the Australian recovering after losing a second-set tiebreak to down Russian Marina Melnikova in three sets, 6-2 6-7(5) 6-3. 

 Rodionova attacked early and took the first set in 31 minutes, but Melnikova fought back, taking the second set in a tiebreak after Rodionova seemingly had the match sewn up. At times frustrated, Rodionova upped her aggression in the final set, rounding out the match in two hours and 16 minutes. “I’m happy to get the win today, I fought pretty hard to win the match and that was probably the key,” Rodionova said after the match.
“I definitely didn’t play my best but I’m happy to get through. I have to just keep playing my game; it doesn’t matter who’s out there, I want to play the way I want to play and stay aggressive.”

No hay comentarios: