viernes, 23 de enero de 2015

Maria Sharapova makes light work of Zarina Diyas into 2 round of the australian open 2015


If there is such a thing as a reset button in tennis, Maria Sharapova has hit it. On Wednesday, the world No.2 needed all her famous grit and determination as she survived a two hour, 32-minute battle against Alexandra Panova in the second round of Australian Open 2015. 


 Two days later, she charged past Zarina Diyas 6-1 6-1 on Friday night to progress to the final 16 at Melbourne Park for the ninth time in her 12 appearances. Taking just a minute over an hour to complete, it was a business-like performance that highlighted the Russian’s clear focus on seizing a sixth Grand Slam title.
“I think I rebounded really well,” said Sharapova, who spent the day following her second-round scare hitting on the practice court and contemplating what was required to continue her progress. “(I) just kind of thought a little bit about what I wanted to try to achieve tonight, no matter who I played. 
 “I focused a little bit on myself more than anything else. Just tried to be a bit more aggressive, concentrate. I thought I did a good job of focusing well.” Nobody could argue that statement. Having entered her first career encounter with the world No.31 Kazakhstani determined to “start strong and finish strong”, Sharapova did exactly that.

No hay comentarios: