jueves, 29 de enero de 2015

MARIA SHARAPOVA ADVANCE TO FINAL OF THE AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2015. PRESS CONFERENCE


Q. Two Grand Slam finals in under 12 months. How does that feel for you? 
 MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I don't actually look at it that way. I treat each one as if I haven't gotten to a final. That's usually the mindset I have, the hunger I try to get when I go out on the court. But, yeah, I'm definitely proud that I'm able to get to that stage again. 
 Q. How special is it to be in the final again here at the Australian Open for you? 
 MARIA SHARAPOVA: It is. I felt that I've had really good matches and a good record here in Australia, even since the junior days. Been able to carry it over as a professional. Yeah, I've had many great memories on Rod Laver Arena. I've hopefully set myself up for another good one. 
 Q. The way you played, especially in the last couple rounds, does that give you a lot of confidence going into the final? 
 MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I'm definitely happy. Like today, I thought I played solid. I did everything I had to do. I wasn't afraid for it to become a physical match. You know, I think it was important to really stand my ground in the first few games, which I did well, even though I was behind, especially the first and second one. But, yeah, those key moments are really important. Yeah, definitely happy I was able to win really solid today. 


Q. You're going to be playing someone who is either a bit sick or a bit injured. How do you feel? MARIA SHARAPOVA: I feel good, thank you (smiling). 
 Q. Once you reach the final of a Grand Slam, do you change your preparations at all because it is a final or do you tend to stick to the same routines? 
 MARIA SHARAPOVA: I usually stick to the same routines. The only difference is it's only one more to go. You're not saving yourself for anything else. You don't have six more or seven more. You know that that's the last one. You have to give it everything you have until the last point. 
 Q. Do you get that extra bit of nerves when it is a Grand Slam final? 
 MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, of course. I think everyone does. It's such a special moment. I think everyone works endless hours to get to that position. I think we wouldn't be human if we didn't feel extra nerves. 
 Q. And extra excitement? 
 MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, of course. I think nerves equals excitement in a certain way because you know something pretty big is ahead of you.

No hay comentarios: