martes, 20 de enero de 2015

CAROLINE WOZNIACKI WIN. 1 ROUND. AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2015. PRESS CONFERENCE


Q. Pretty tough match. What did you make of your performance and hers? 
 CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: It was a tough match. It's kind of you just want to get through that first round really. You saw yesterday how many seeds went out. You always know that first one, maybe it's not going to be that comfortable. Especially I knew that Taylor has a tricky game because she's a lefty first of all, she knows how to get that serve into your body. She comes to the net, mixes up the pace. So I knew it wasn't going to be the most beautiful game out there from my side. But I just needed to grind it out and just stay with her. I'm happy to be through and on to the next one. 

 Q. Were there any concerns about your wrist? 
 CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: No, no concerns.


Q. How quickly did you get it better last week? How long did it take? 
 CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: You know, I just took it easy with my backhand for a few days. I didn't really want to force it. I didn't want to do anything bad to it. So after that I just started hitting slowly with that left side. Now it feels really good. 

 Q. Is there any solution to the wrist problems for people in general? Seems like a lot of players have had this issue. 
 CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: Yeah, I don't think so. I mean, I don't know what you can do. We do so much to prevent injuries. We do strengthening training, we try and maintain also the left arm as much as the right. We play with racquets that have more power. We change the strings. All of that. But at the same time I think if you hit so many balls, thousands of balls every week, you know, it's going to take a toll on the body. Sometimes you hit it maybe not the cleanest, then that kind of aggravates it a little bit. 

 Q. Is the speed of the game getting beyond what the body can handle? 
 CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: The speed of the game keeps on increasing. I think we see that all the time. I think that's going to be a big factor as well in the future. If the game keeps going this way, if the ball keeps being light, fast, the courts are fast, I think we're going to see more injuries in the future.

No hay comentarios: