lunes, 3 de noviembre de 2014

PETKOVIC IS THE QUEEN OF THE GARANTI COZA WTA TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS SOFIA 2014


Early on, it looked like Petkovic had nothing left in the tank - she got just one game on the board as Pennetta cruised, 6-1, in 36 minutes. 

But little by little she built her comeback, breaking in the first game of the second set and riding that break all the way to the set, and after Pennetta went ahead 2-0 in the third, Petkovic reeled off six of the next seven games to seal the victory and the title. 
 The No.4-seeded Petkovic managed to scrape past the No.3-seeded Pennetta, 1-6, 6-4, 6-3. "I love watching Flavia play, but I hate playing her because she's so difficult to play!" Petkovic said. 

"I'm happy I could gather enough energy and play well enough to win it in the end." Petkovic wouldn't have been as happy with any other opponent in the final, though. "I'm happy I met Flavia in the final because we've both been coming back from injury this year," Petkovic said. "I was so happy when she won Indian Wells because I know what she went through, and so it's even nicer to play her for this title today. I hope the next season is even better for her.
" Meanwhile, this season isn't over for Petkovic - she has the Fed Cup final next weekend. "I wish I could end this great season at this great tournament," she said. 

No hay comentarios: