sábado, 29 de noviembre de 2014

Mónica Puig conquers the gold medal at the Central American Games 2015.


Monica Puig upheld her Latin American No.1 status this week by capturing the gold medal at the Central American Games, held in beautiful Veracruz, México. 

Puig, who also captured gold at the event in Mayagüez, Puerto Rico back in 2010, didn't lose a set en route to the title this year, cruising past Ana María Sánchez of México in the final, 6-2, 6-1.
"I am so happy to have won the gold medal here in Veracruz and bring it home to Puerto Rico," an elated Puig said after the final. "To win the event was one of my big goals this year and all week long my focus was on being able to get through the matches and into the final. 
I played a good match today and I am so thankful for all the support I continue to receive from everyone back home. "My 'thank you' to everyone for this is in the form of bringing this gold medal home." Puig is the highest-ranked player in all of Latin America - at No.59, she's actually the only Latin American player in the world's Top 100. 
The next-highest is Brazil's Teliana Pereira at No.107.

No hay comentarios: