miércoles, 19 de noviembre de 2014

Ana Ivanovic vs Serena Williams in the Energi Danmark Champions Battle 2014


Exhibition season is underway and two of the WTA's brightest stars - Serena Williams and Ana Ivanovic - are among the first ones up, taking part in the Energi Danmark Champions Battle 2014, set to take place at the Jyske Bank Boxen Arena in Herning, Denmark on Wednesday. 

 Williams and Ivanovic will play in front of a sold-out crowd of 7,000 spectators, following a men's doubles match between star ATP World Tour teams Horia Tecau and Robert Lindstedt and Jonathan Marray and Frederik Nielsen. Those two teams actually played for the Wimbledon doubles title in 2012. The two WTA stars took part in a press conference at Jyske Bank Boxen on Tuesday, too. 

"I love to travel and see new places," Williams told reporters. "I've heard many good things from Caroline about Denmark, so I'm looking forward to a few days of tennis and enjoying the country." Williams, who has developed a close friendship with Caroline Wozniacki over the last few years - and was even at the finish line when she ran the New York City Marathon - was asked about the Dane. 
 "I love Caroline. She's my best friend," Williams said. "Actually I love her so much I'm thinking of adopting her and maybe getting a Danish passport." Ivanovic was just as excited about the trip. "I just love travelling and shopping!" she said.

No hay comentarios: