sábado, 25 de octubre de 2014

Simona Halep advances to final of the BNP Paribas WTA Finals Singapore



It is not often that Agnieszka Radwanska is forced to play second fiddle in terms of shotmaking.


However, on Saturday evening at the Singapore Sports Hub, she did just that, as an inspired Simona Halep outclassed her, 6-2, 6-2. During the round robin stage, Halep produced the performance of her career to humble World No.1 Serena Williams, and she was in a similar vein of form against Radwanska. 
The Romanian barely put a foot wrong, hitting 26 winners to overpower Radwanska’s cerebral game. 

 “I’m very excited to be in the finals. I didn’t expect this result here and I’ve had to work very hard to play my best tennis here this week,” Halep said. “Agnieszka’s also a great player and I want to congratulate her on reaching the semifinals. I also want to thank everyone that came to support us – they were unbelievable. 

 “I knew that I’d have to run a lot and that she’s also running very well. I just wanted to play very fast and finish the points very quick and take the ball inside the baseline. My style was to be aggressive. I did that and also served really well.”

No hay comentarios: