jueves, 23 de octubre de 2014

SERENA WILLIAMS WINS OVER BOUCHARD INTO BNP Paribas WTA Finals Singapore 2014


Serena Williams kept alive her hopes of qualifying for the semifinals of the BNP Paribas WTA Finals Singapore presented by SC Global thanks to a 6-1, 6-1 win over Eugenie Bouchard on Thursday.



SINGAPORE 23 OCTOBER

A day on from experiencing one of the most humbling defeats of her career, Serena Williams restored a sense of normality to the WTA Finals with an equally one-sided victory over Eugenie Bouchard. Fifty-seven minutes was all it took for Williams to dismiss Bouchard, 6-1, 6-1, and move up into second place in the Red Group. If she is to reach the semifinals, the American must now hope her conqueror, Simona Halep, does her a favor against Ana Ivanovic on Friday. 

After picking up just two games from Halep, Williams knew her hopes of qualifying for the semifinals in Singapore hung by a thread and she responded by playing her best tennis since the US Open. With a steely look in her eye, the defending champion was in no mood to hang around, firing winners from all over the court, eventually putting Bouchard out of her misery by swatting away an overhead on her first match point. 

 "Yesterday was tough for me but I had to put it behind me," Williams said. "My coach really helped me out and to focus on today, telling me that I’m still in the tournament, even though I felt like I was out of it after such a tough loss." Williams took out this frustration on the ball, a couple of fierce serves contributing to her total of 16 winners. 
 “I was up 4-0, so I thought I’d hit a big serve and see what happens. It was 200km? I don’t even know what that is in miles!"

No hay comentarios: