sábado, 25 de octubre de 2014

SERENA WILLIAMS INTO FINAL OF THE BNP Paribas WTA Finals Singapore 2014.


Caroline Wozniacki's wait to defeat good friend Serena Williams goes on after she lost a thrilling semifinal at the BNP Paribas WTA Finals Singapore presented by SC Global, 2-6, 6-3, 7-6(6). 

Three times this summer, Caroline Wozniacki attempted to get the better of good friend Serena Williams. Three times she came up short. After two hours of twists and turns at the Singapore Sports Hub on Saturday, it looked like Wozniacki’s time had finally come. Leading 4-1 in the third set tie-break, victory beckoned. Her grip on proceedings seemed to tighten on the next point when Williams struck a forehand that crashed into the tape. But rather than nestle into the net or spring up invitingly for a routine winner, the ball dropped dead on the Dane’s side of the court. 
On such moments matches are won and lost. Four points later she was two match points down. While she fended off the danger temporarily, there was to be no denying Williams, who brought up another opportunity with an ace out wide. This time Wozniacki had no answer.

 “I just kept thinking, if I lose I get to go home and if I win I get to stay in front of this amazing crowd,” Williams told on-court interviewer Andrew Krasny after her 2-6, 6-3, 7-6(6) victory. 
“When I lost the first set I heard so many people behind me and it’s the only reason I was able to pull through."

No hay comentarios: