domingo, 12 de octubre de 2014

KAROLINA PLISKOVA WINS OVER GIORGI INTO GENERALI LADIES LINZ 2014


After letting a 5-3 lead go en route to dropping the first set in a tie-break, Pliskova came out firing from the beginning of the second set, storming ahead 4-0 and eventually taking the set, 6-3, and then again storming out to a 5-1 lead in the third set, seemingly on her merry way to a runaway victory. 


 Giorgi found her game again - game by game she started building a comeback, winning five games in a row to go up 6-5 and even holding a match point in the third with Pliskova serving 5-6, ad-out. But the No.7-seeded Pliskova got her mojo back just in time, hanging on to that service game and from 4-all in the tie-break sneaking out three straight points to close the match out, 6-7(4), 6-3, 7-6(4). "It could have been a little easier, but I'm still happy I won the title," Pliskova said.
"After I was 5-1 up and she came back and had match point, I was already thinking I would lose, and that I would cry afterwards! But she was playing so well in that part of the third set. Before that she was making so many mistakes, but she stopped doing that and calmed down, and she played so much better there. "Before the match I knew it would be hard because she hadn't lost a set all week."

No hay comentarios: