viernes, 24 de octubre de 2014

CAROLINE WOZNIACKI INTO SEMIS OF THE BNP Paribas WTA Finals Singapore 2014


Caroline Wozniacki will be in line for a hefty payout should she triumph at this year's BNP Paribas WTA Finals Singapore presented by SC Global. 


However, there will be no need for a credit card should she decide to embark upon a celebratory shopping spree after the tournament. On Friday, Wozniacki secured top spot in the White Group – and boosted her winnings by a further $143,000 – after defeating Petra Kvitova, 6-2, 6-3.
The result also ensured that her good friend Agnieszka Radwanska joins her in the semifinals, something both players were well aware of prior to stepping on court. “Yeah, we talked. When I saw her yesterday, she was already saying, ‘I know, I know.’ She knew what was going on and that she could help me if she won,” Radwanska said. “She wasn't surprised that I would be supporting her.” 


 And the Pole believes that one good turn deserves another: “I think we’re just going to go shopping, but with my credit card!” Radwanska's future looked in safe hands from the outset, Wozniacki soaking up everything Kvitova could throw at her and occasionally returning it with interest. Five straight games gave the Dane the first set and after weathering an early barrage of winners in the second, she closed out her round robin campaign in style.
"I played really well today," Wozniacki said in her post-match interview. "I served well, returned well and I really tried to be aggressive when I had the chance. "I’ve been working extremely hard this year and its paying off now. It feels great to be back here – the crowd has been incredible this week and I really want to thank you all."

No hay comentarios: