sábado, 11 de octubre de 2014

CAMILA GIORGI VS KAROLINA PLISKOVA. GENERALI LADIES LINZ FINAL 2014

CAMILA GIORGI INTO US OPEN 2014

The seventh-seeded Pliskova won five straight games from 3-1 down in the third set of her 2-6, 6-3, 6-3 defeat of German qualifier Anna-Lena Friedsam. 
It was her 15th win in her last 18 matches and she is now into her third WTA final in her last five events.

 "I knew she was playing quite well and had beaten good players this week, so I expected a tough match," Pliskova said. "She hits the ball so fast and was hitting so many winners in the first set. In the end she made a few mistakes."
As for Giorgi, she won the first set and was broken for the only time all day to go down 2-0 in the second, but from there did not drop another game en route to a 6-4, 6-2 triumph over Karin Knapp. Though she went into Linz on a four-match skid, Giorgi has not surrendered a set all week.
"The last few weeks weren't very good, but now I'm getting the momentum back," Giorgi said. "In the final, I'm going to focus on my game and try to dictate. I will prepare like any other match." Pliskova beat Giorgi in straight sets in their lone previous match in Dubai qualifying in February. "She can hit so many winners, and there's nothing you can do about it," Pliskova said. "Our previous match was very close. I will need to serve well."

No hay comentarios: