jueves, 25 de septiembre de 2014

Petra Kvitova into Semis of the Dongfeng Motor Wuhan Open Wuhan 2014.


Kvitova, who had gone to three tough sets the day before against the red-hot Karolina Pliskova, had another surging WTA Rising Star across the net from her this time - Garcia had taken out a pair of all-time greats en route to the quarterfinals here in Venus Williams and Agnieszka Radwanska. 

 But the No.3-seeded Kvitova was just too efficient this time around, holding all 10 of her service games and getting one break per set to put Garcia away in just an hour and 21 minutes, 6-3, 6-4. She was also just too solid in the stats, putting together a -1 differential of winners to unforced errors (23 to 24). 
Meanwhile, Garcia was a little too erratic on the day with a -9 differential (13 to 22). "I know Garcia had a great week here, that she beat Venus and Aga 7-6 in the third. You always have to be prepared for a fight," Kvitova said. "I knew that she can play really well, and that she can serve well and play very aggressively from the baseline, so I knew that I had to be ready for her. 
"It was quite humid and hot today, and I was really sweating a lot, but the court feels faster, which is something that probably suits my game a lot. And I'm serving well, so that's helpful too."

No hay comentarios: