sábado, 27 de septiembre de 2014

Kvitova has become the fourth player to qualify for the BNP Paribas WTA Finals Singapore 2014


Kvitova has really made her push for Singapore in the second half of the season. 

She went into Wimbledon down at No.16 on the Road To Singapore leaderboard, far from the Top 8 that qualifies for the WTA's crown jewel event. But a fairytale run to her second Grand Slam title at the All-England Club and Premier-level triumphs at New Haven and Wuhan have now pushed her over the finish line. The Czech was asked about her season turnaround during her run to the title in Wuhan. "From the beginning my season was really tough. If somebody told me at the Australian Open that I would win Wimbledon and still be fighting for Singapore, I'm not sure I would have believed them. "But I've had a great second part of the season. It all started a little bit at the French Open, and from there I just kept improving. I think early on I was expecting too much of myself, and it was really difficult to take the loss in my first round in Australia, but I kept working hard, and now I'm here."

No hay comentarios: