viernes, 26 de septiembre de 2014

Eugenie Bouchard into final of the Dongfeng Motor Wuhan Open Wuhan 2014


The No.6-seeded Bouchard put on a masterclass against the No.8-seeded Wozniacki in the night session, needing just an hour and 18 minutes to storm into the final, 6-2, 6-3. 


Wozniacki actually played very well - she finished the match with an even differential of winners to unforced errors (18 to 18). But Bouchard was an impressive +8 against one of the most solid players in the game (28 to 20). 
Bouchard's other secret weapon was her sharpness on the biggest points - she managed to convert on five of her nine break point chances, while Wozniacki converted just one of seven break points. "I think I played very aggressively, and it was all about trying to maintain it," Bouchard said. "Of course I expected some resistance, and she definitely made me fight for every point, but I was happy with the way I was serving and stepping in and the way I kind of regathered by concentration. "I feel like I played very, very well, maybe up there with Wimbledon, maybe better."

No hay comentarios: