miércoles, 30 de julio de 2014

ANA IVANOVIC IN 2 ROUND IN STANFORD 2014. Bank of the west classic,


A few weeks earlier, Lisicki defeated Ivanovic in the third round of Wimbledon, eventually making it all the way to the quarterfinals. 


But this time the No.5-seeded Ivanovic got her back, recovering from an early 4-1 deficit and eventually getting by the big-serving German in straight sets, 7-6(2), 6-1. "It was a really good match, even though it was both of our first matches in a while," Ivanovic said. "I got down in that first set and she was playing really well, and serving really well too. I really tried to find my rhythm in that set, and in the second set I really started feeling her serves a little bit more. "It was a really tough draw for both of us, and I'm happy I was able to win this one." This is just the third time Ivanovic has gotten to 40, first doing it in 2007 (she got to 40 in August and finished the year with 51) and then again in 2013 (her last match win of the year was her 40th). "I definitely didn't even think about that - I wasn't focusing on that - but it just gives me so much pleasure and confidence," Ivanovic said. "This is what I love to do. I love to play and compete. So knowing I have that many victories, it's very pleasing, and something that inspires me to keep working hard and to get even better and get back into the Top 10, which has been my goal for so long now."

No hay comentarios: