lunes, 23 de junio de 2014

EUGENIE BOUCHARD BLOG. EUGENIE IN THE CHAMPIOSHIPS WIMBLEDON 2014



 Eugenie Bouchard in practice Monday 23 June 2014 Canada's Eugenie Bouchard shares her tips for fans, reveals some locker room confectionery and recalls her first matches at Wimbledon - on television and in person. 

 Why I love Wimbledon: "It's classic tennis, it's traditional. It's my favourite tournament. I always look forward to going back every year. 
For me, it's exactly what tennis should be about." My tips for a fan attending Wimbledon for the first time: "Bring an umbrella. Definitely get strawberries and cream. And enjoy walking around, looking at the ivy on the buildings, and taking in the atmosphere, as it's a really special atmosphere, unlike the atmosphere at any other tournament." My first memory of watching Wimbledon on television or in person: "I watched a lot when I was younger. Probably my first memory is when Maria Sharapova won when she was 17. It just looked so special and amazing, and I just thought that I wanted to do the same.
" How I like to relax in Wimbledon between matches: "I like to be in the locker-room. It's so big, and the locker-room attendants are so nice, and there are chocolate bars in there. So we've got everything we need in there. It's great for the players." The player from the past I would like to face on Centre Court: “I would love to play against Steffi Graf. 
She was a great champion. I've had a chance to hit against her, and she still plays amazingly, but to have played her in her prime, and to have faced that forehand, that would have been amazing." My first memory of competing at Wimbledon: "I was 14 or 15 and I had to qualify for the juniors. The qualifying was at a different site, and so it was an extra reward playing the main draw as I was competing at the All England Club. 
So I got a Wimbledon towel. The whole thing was just such a big moment for me." My Wimbledon highlight: "It would have to be at the 2013 Championships when I reached the third round of a Grand Slam for the first time, and I got to play on Centre Court, and I beat Ana Ivanovic, and I played really well. 

No hay comentarios: