jueves, 29 de mayo de 2014

JELENA JANCOVIC IN PRESS CONFERENCE. ROLAND GARROS 2014


Q.  It was a pretty convincing finish to that match.  How are you feeling so far in this tournament?
    JELENA JANKOVIC:  I'm feeling pretty good.  I think I'm getting a little bit better with each match.  And, you know, happy to get through this round.
    My opponent, she's always tough to play against.  We have been playing the last three Grand Slams against each other.  So hopefully she can play someone else from now on.
    So far, so good.  So hopefully I can, you know, continue and get better.

    Q.  The first set was quite a close match.  All of a sudden the second set everything goes easy for your side.  What do you think makes that difference?
    JELENA JANKOVIC:  In the first set I think I was playing quite, you know, too short.  You know, I wasn't doing enough, you know, especially when she was serving.
    I think the conditions were quite slow, and it was    the ball was not going through.  My balls were going really, really short, so she took advantage of that.  I did not break her, you know, until, you know, that game at 5 All. 
    I think that was the difference.  Then a little bit I started playing a little more aggressively in the second set and it made a difference. 
    But overall, I think, you know, she gets so many balls back.  She doesn't give you many free points, so you have to work your way through.  Especially in slow conditions like this, it's not easy.
    Happy with my win.

    Q.  Always you seem very difficult and uneasy against her.  What you don't like, most of all?
    JELENA JANKOVIC:  (Smiling.)  Like I said, she doesn't give me any free points.  She's a very solid player, a fighter.  She fights for every point.  She plays so well. 
    I have to earn every point that I, you know, that I win.  You know, she never gives you anything easy.
    So I think that's her biggest    and she's so fast.  I think she's one of the fastest players on the tour.
    Like I said, I have been playing her the last three Grand Slams, and the person she lost to in the last three Grand Slams was me.  You know, hopefully in Wimbledon we don't play against each other.  I hope not.
    I wish her lots of luck.  It's unfortunate, really, the draw. 

No hay comentarios: