martes, 27 de mayo de 2014

ANA IVANOVIC IN 2 ROUND OF ROLAND GARROS 2014.


Pressure can be a blessing in disguise for some competing on their home stage, but French hope Caroline Garcia found it all a bit much. 

The 19-year-old left Philippe Chatrier Court in tears after falling to a convincing display from Serb Ana Ivanovic.
Billed as arguably the toughest of the first-round affairs, the pair brought form to their opening-round clash; Ivanovic in her best clay court form since capturing the title in 2008 and Garcia coming off a maiden tour title in Bogota – where she upended Jelena Jankovic in the final.
Perhaps more impressively, the Frenchwoman knocked out Angelique Kerber and Sara Errani en route to a three-set quarter-final loss to Agnieszka Radwanska in on the clay in Madrid. An upset of the often fragile Serb was not out of the question.
The teenager, who famously led Maria Sharapova 6-3, 4-1 before falling in three sets at Roland Garros in 2011, returned to Paris with the added pressure of a top-50 ranking and knowing she was now the No.2 Frenchwoman behind Alize Cornet.
The nerves showed from the outset.
Ivanovic powered to 4-0 with Garcia landing just 30 per cent of her first serves, instantly backing herself into a corner when facing one of the hardest-hitting returners in the women’s game.
A third double fault and a wild forehand hooked wide of the tramlines gave the Serb a pair of set points at 5-1. Ivanovic would require a third, before taking it on another missed Garcia forehand after 31 minutes.
“I have experienced many things over the last few months," said Garcia. "I have made lots of progress. I have lived through many emotions. Today it probably was a bit too much for me. I'm going to take as much as I can from this experience. Ivanovic played a very good match today. She didn't give me any opportunity.
“But the pressure has been building up around me for the last few weeks, and I couldn't be the person I usually am. Sometimes stress can be positive, but this time I didn't manage it.
“I had my feet stuck on the ground, and when you play Ivanovic, things go very fast and you need to be very fast on your legs. I was totally stuck. So I was like a tractor out there.”

No hay comentarios: