miércoles, 16 de abril de 2014

Karolina Pliskova began the defense of her BMW Malaysian Open 2014


KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia , April 2014. 

 Karolina Pliskova began the defense of her BMW Malaysian Open title on Tuesday with a quick-fire win over Aleksandra Krunic. Watch live action from Kuala Lumpur this week on WTA Live powered by TennisTV! The match was one of several carried over to Tuesday following Monday's torrential rain in the Malaysian capital, but the delay did not seem to bother No.3 seed Pliskova, who needed just 56 minutes to wrap up a 62 62 victory. "I think I played a really good match today," Pliskova said. "The courts are really fast and the new surface is really good for me. I served well and she wasn't at her best so it worked out well for me." Pliskova got in the mood for her rain-delayed first round by watching sister Kristyna edge out Timea Babos in the battle of the big servers, 76(6) 36 64. "I don't think the delay changed anything at all," she added. "I was watching my sister earlier and I just made sure I stayed focused. The rain's also good because it's makes it a bit cooler outside." There were mixed fortunes for the other seeds on Pliskova's side of the draw. No.6 seed Zarina Diyas scored a straightforward 62 62 win over Eleni Daniilidou, while a calf injury forced No.5 seed Kimiko Date-Krumm to retire whilst trailing 5-3 in the opening set against Cagla Buyukakcay.

No hay comentarios: