martes, 18 de febrero de 2014

Serena Williams in ‘Gastronomy Grand Slam’ ahead of this week’s Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships".


World number one Serena Williams joined forces Monday with celebrity chef Silvena Rowe to cook up a storm in a ‘Gastronomy Grand Slam’ ahead of this week’s Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships. Top seed Williams took advantage of her first round bye to meet Rowe, who is a headline attraction at this weekend’s Dubai Food Carnival, the opening event of the Dubai Food Festival. "I love to cook. I call myself a 'mini chef'. I'm not great, but I love cooking and I always try different recipes," said Williams. "It's really a passion of mine so I really enjoy meeting Silvena today. She's really awesome.



 Sportscaster Dan Patrick (L) and Serena Williams (R) participate in the DirecTV Beach Bowl at Pier 40, in New York City. " FEBRUARY 2014

Williams swapped the tennis court for a frontline role at an al fresco BBQ as she linked up with Chef Rowe, the star of BBC cooking shows, Country Show Cook-Off and Saturday Kitchen, and Chef Eric Vasta, Executive Chef, Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, to whip up a grilled green shawarma marinated baby chicken with crunchy mint and pomegranate salad at the five-star property’s signature Nomad restaurant. The tournament top seed stresses the importance of healthy eating and nutrition in her life. "You have to have a good regimen for eating, you have to have great nutrition. It's part of your life. Nowadays it's not just about tennis anymore. It's about the whole package, your whole life. It's so important to have a healthy diet." Williams takes to the Centre Court for her first match on Tuesday evening, where she will play Russia's Ekaterina Makarova. "I'm feeling good," said Williams when asked about the state of her game. "I just feel like I'm ready to get started. I don't want to put pressure on myself. I'll do the best I can and hopefully I'll play lots of matches here [in Dubai].


(L-R) Hannah Davis, Nina Agdal, Serena Williams, Meghan Markle and Shay Mitchell participate in the DirecTV Beach Bowl at Pier 40 in New York City. February 2014

No hay comentarios: