martes, 10 de diciembre de 2013

SERENA WILLIAMS IN AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2014


Although her last visit ended in a painful quarterfinal defeat, Serena Williams' record at the Australian Open would make most players green with envy. In 13 visits to Melbourne Park, Williams has won 58 matches and headed back home with the trophy on five occasions. Bearing all this in mind, it makes it all the more surprising that the tournament is also the source of suffering for the American. Well, sort of. "I have a reoccurring nightmare that's always during Grand Slam finals," Williams said. 
"Not every time, but a lot of the times. I dream that I leave, I'm in Australia and I leave the country to go do something in the States, and I don't make it back in time. "Venus has this nightmare, too. It's very disturbing." Williams' actual performances at the majors, on the other hand, are unlikely to have resulted in any lost sleep of late. Over the past two years, she has increased her Grand Slam tally by four and heads Down Under this year as many people's favorite. 
 However, before turning her attention to that, the 32-year-old allowed herself some richly deserved time away from the court. "I definitely wasn't hanging out with my buddy Wilson for a while! We needed some time apart, even though I love him," Williams said of her post-season schedule. "I simply can't relax unless I'm not at a tournament, and even then I still can't relax fully. I tend to take a lot of time off, more than other players, I think.
I know some players take two weeks off, but I tend to need a little more time than that." And her ideal holiday? "I'm a total bikini girl," she said. "I can't even breathe in high altitude. I did that whole snow thing once and I will never do it again. 
 "I don't ski - my insurance doesn't cover skiing accidents! - I'm from California and I live in Florida, so me and snow, we do not get along. "Yeah, more or less sun, beach and boats. That's me."

Source: wta official

No hay comentarios: