domingo, 20 de octubre de 2013

SIMONA HALEP IN PRESS CONFERENCE. KREMLIN CUP BANK OF MOSCOW 2013


Q. You played much worse during the Asian series. You were struggling with your serve. What happened? Why now you are playing much better?
Simona Halep: After Asia I had about 10 days break because I also had a right shoulder injury. I didn’t feel so good after Asia but I was recovering very well after that. Now I feel good, I like the court and my game was very good this week.

Q. Simona, you won 5 titles after 5 finals. Do you think it will be enough to be named the best Romanian athlete of the year?
S. H.: I’m not sure yet. I hope that I will be. Yeah, I won 5 titles. And it is an incredible year for me. I feel incredible now.

Q. You are the only player who won on all surfaces this year. Do you have any favorite surface?
S. H.: It’s hard to say which one is my favorite. I feel more comfortable on clay.

Q. Pavlyuchenkova at her press conference said that you would have the advantage over Stosur because you would be more fresh. 
S. H.: Yes, after Asia I didn’t play. Maybe Sam is tired because she won in Osaka. But I felt the game here very good. I think I was a little bit more fresh than her.

Q. In previous years such champions as Azarenka and Wozniacki never came back to defend their title. Can we hope you will be back to defend your tiltle?
S. H.: For sure, I want to come here again but we’ll see if I will be injury-free. I feel really good here. I will be very happy to play here again.

Q. What is the key factor in your improvement this year?
S. H.: I am more aggressive on court, I hit the ball very strong. I have few problems with my serve. Now I want to improve it during offseason. I’m more relaxed on court and I can say that I’m focused in every point. I play with pleasure. 

Q. Did you feel support of the local fans, maybe from Moldovans residing in Moscow? 
S. H.: Yes, it was nice today, people were supporting me and Sam. Public was nice. I want to thank them for their support.

Q. Looking ahead to Sofia, you beat Sam today, she is going to be there. Is there anyone you feel confident playing, anyone you are a little bit worried to play?
S. H.: Every player from there is very strong because it is a special tournament, and we are just 8. Every match will be tough. I have confidence that I will beat few players there. So I just want to enjoy and will try my best again. It will be not easy.

Q. You have been playing really well this season. Do you have plans maybe to try to reach the top 8 not just in Sofia but at the year in WTA Championships that will be held in Singapore next year? 
S. H.: It’s difficult because next year I will have to defend all the tournaments which I won this year. I will have pleasure next year but I want just to play like this year. It will be not easy but my dream is to stay in top 20 for next year.

Q. Now Romanian women are doing better than Romanian men. Why?
S. H.: Yes, we have a lot of girls in top 100. I don’t know why. We are just fighting girls, we like to work a lot, to play more tournaments than boys. I cannot say that we don’t have boys. In juniors they play good but in ATP Tour not really. But I hope next years it will be better.

No hay comentarios: