viernes, 18 de octubre de 2013

SAMANTHA STOSUR IN PRESS CONFERENCE, KREMLIN CUP 2013, BANK OF MOSCOW

Q. Last year you defeated Ana Ivanovic in three sets. This year you managed to do it in two sets. Was it easier to play against her?
SS: Not necessarily. […] I had few things in my head I wanted to try today. Right from the start it was working. My confidence built up. I played quite well right to the end. 

Q. Do you enjoy morning sessions? If you have an early match, what is you r routine before the match?
SS: One o’clock is not so early. (laughs) So that’s fine for me. Coming from Osaka, waking up early is ok. I have plenty of time in the morning. And it’s nice as I plat doubles as well. An early start might not be a problem.

Q. You perform quite well in Moscow as you were runner-up last year and now you are in the semis. Can you say the surface and the stadium suits you?
SS: I managed to play well here. Sometimes the court here feels a little bit strange with the balls and everything. But the way I play I might just hit through the ball and use my power. It seems to work pretty well.

Q. You came from Osaka. Do you have any jet-lag?
SS: It hasn’t been too bad. I have been tired for a couple of days. But I’m used getting up early. At 6 o’clock it’s ok. You know you have a match to play. And you focus on playing the tournament.

Q. Do you plan to play with Svetlana Kuznetsova in doubles next year? How will it be for you if you might have to play her in the semis here?
SS: We need to talk about it. I enjoy playing with Svetlana so far. If we keep playing I think we can do better and better. The match we played yesterday is the best match so far. If we decide to play next year I am sure we’ll have good time. As far as I play her tomorrow then it’s hard sometimes to play people you know a little bit better. I played her already twice this year. I played well against her but…Playing her here, in Moscow, will be a different situation.

Q. Do you feel the support of the crowd?
SS: The crowd could be a little bit bigger. But it’s nice to play out there.

Q. After the match you had some band on your arm. Something bothering you?
SS: That’s nothing, an old injury. It’s precautionary now.

Q. Ana Ivanovic said some fans here gave her a photo album. Did you get any presents so far?
SS: I got a Sochi little teddy bear. That’s so far the only present from here. It’s nice from people to give you things. In Osaka I received many gifts. My bags are getting bigger now. (smiles)

No hay comentarios: